Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Almost halfway... weird !


Well... I'm bored. Not really sure what I'm updating for except a few things I have to share. Nothing monumental. 

We were crazy people and had our insane DC overnight trip. Drove up Friday, way to late getting started. Stayed with friends out there. It's fun having friends. Being little grown ups with other grown ups. Then rushed off to go to the DC Temple. Which is gorgeous and like a castle if you ever have the chance to see it in person. I'm going to talk like you know what I'm talking about but if you have questions, just ask cause I don't know if I want to explain it all here if I don't need to. For the first time I was able to use names from my personal family history and take those names to have work done at the Temple. We just did their baptism and confirmation, which is the first step. But it was such an incredible experience to bring those by no one else's efforts (minus my dad who helped a lot) and get their work started. It was pretty amazing. Here's a brief intro to part of what I did: Temple Baptisms. So that was a great start to the day. 

Then we took some pictures and I had this whole itinerary scheduled and ready to get going and it all got shot to Hades. So it ended up just being Chris and I in downtown DC walking around the mall looking at the sites, which was totally fine cause we like to spend time together and we have fun. And neither of us had been down there in years, so it was a-ok. We wish we could have scheduled a segway tour. MAN that woulda been sweet. Oh well. Then it was rush back up to where the Temple is (it's actually not in DC, it's in Kensington, MD, about 30 mins north of DC) to get food from Cafe Rio !! The best place to eat cause I miss it so much from Utah. ::sob:: We had to rush through the line and I had to eat in the car. Lame. Silly time constraints. Oh well. It was delicious. Even the next day. So rush back to the Temple where they have a Visitor's Center with all kinds of fun things to do, exhibits, murals, statues, videos, learning things. Fun Fun. Well the whole point for the trip was to go see this Christmas concert with Jenny Oaks Baker, an amazing violinist that my little sister in law loves. The concert was free why not. We made it to the concert 2 minutes before they gave away our seats. Rude. But it was cute little Christmas thing. We walked around to see all the pretty lights that are strung up everywhere. Said bye to everyone and hit the road. Ugh. 9pm. Yay...? I had to be back to make it to church the next day because I was teaching. Silly teaching. But we made it. We thought it would be a lot later like 4 or 5am by the time we got home, but we pulled in right after 3am. Sleep. Church. More sleep. The end of the weekend trip. 

So baby news. Went to my appt last week. Everything looks great. I heard the baby's heartbeat <3 Which was such a wonderful sound to make me feel better about everything. I didn't hurt my baby when I fell, my baby was fine even if I wasn't growing, etc. Silly mommy thoughts. The best part of the appt was leaving and scheduling my next appt for the gender ultrasound ! AH !! I can't believe it's already been long enough to see what my baby is... where is the time going!! So in a week, Dec 13th, I'll go get the ultrasound, keep it a secret from myself (I'm pretty sure I'll let Chris know, since he's being a butt about it) and then sometime after Christmas or the New Year I'll have my baby shower and find out. YAY! I'm super excited. Pretty sure I won't be fat for my baby shower. How lame is that? Except that, especially today, my jeans are NOT comfy and for the longest time this morning they were unbuttoned and unzipped. Thank you big t-shirt and hoodie. So maybe I am starting to grow. Woo ! So that's the fun news. So if you're coming to my baby shower, or whatever, I think it will be that week after the New Year when people are getting back from vacation and such. Oh So Excited ! And then I remembered everything I have to do. Anyone wanna help me register. Cause I don't want to. haha Or send me some suggestions :] THANKS !

Such a good looking group ! 
 Pretty Temple !
    The Washington Monument, in case you didn't know.

So that's been fun. Now this week is just work, survive, and make it to our break in a few weeks. And keep my fingers crossed that Chris passes all this classes.


How far along? 18 weeks !
Total weight gain: -3 pounds. Cool. 
Maternity clothes? I'm in the market for belly bands since I'm not so huge to not need my normal pants. Oh and another bigger bra. Cool!
Stretch marks? nope?
Sleep: The norm  
Best moment this week: hearing the reassuring slushy heartbeat of my peaches
Miss Anything? Um... no? 
Movement: Little pokes and jabs. Kinda like if I have the slightest twitch of a muscle deep inside me.  
Food cravings: Nope. but my baked potato today was divine. and i always want danged fruit
Anything making you queasy or sick: When we got back from our trip and i was so exhausted   
Gender: My prediction... since next week everyone will find out... is GIRL haha we'll see
Labor Signs: Nope
Symptoms: My belly feels like its in the way and I'm squishing it when i lean to grab something  
Belly Button in or out? In.
Wedding rings on or off? On. Fall off tho
Happy or Moody most of the time: Moody. I think it's stressed 
Looking forward to: Everyone finding out the sex next week so they can get excited !

No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10