Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Blog vs My Book

I asked Chris if I should update my blog [that he never reads] or read The Host. He picked this so that I won't catch up to him reading The Host and ultimately beat him. I win. Or will win. Watch me. I'm happy I'm reading again. I was reading The Princess Bride but it was getting hard to get through since it's the movie. Practically verbatim. I was bored. So The Host. Like it so far. Stephanie Meyer's writing bugs me at some points, but I'm a fan of the story so far. So not excited for Hollywood to butcher it. But I'll be optimistic. Why am I writing about this? No one cares. Moving on!

So this past week[end] was.... interesting. I was [still am] sick but feeling so close to normal ! Chris is getting sick now though, so he'll just pass it right back to me. Oh joy. Maybe no more sickness until after the baby comes and I get exhausted and my body won't be able to handle it. I feel great otherwise. I'm getting big. Even though everyone tells me how small I look. Which I feel is true, until someone takes pictures and I look like a balloon. A hot air balloon. But I guess I've gotta get bigger considering we're nearing the end. Dun dun dun. I have approx. 6 weeks left, however I'm leaning more towards 4 weeks. Just so when I end up going into labor in April I won't be surprised. But I will be happy when I make it to May 1st. Power of my thoughts. We'll see. The baby is still measuring big-ish. I didn't get a tummy measurement this time so I don't know exactly. But my OB says we'll wait til 38 weeks for another ultrasound [if I make it to 38 weeks] so I must not be too much of a concern, or too big to wait another month. Logan's maxing out his space since he's growing top to bottom and not horizontally. Kinda hope he decides to switch it up considering my ribs could use a break. They ache when I push them down to relieve the pressure he puts on them. It's such a sweet feeling, those evil little jabs. I know I'm going to miss them. My ribs, not so much. Or my bladder. Or diaphragm.

The house should be closing this week. Only a few more days until this week is over. So everyone keep your fingers crossed. So far so good. Nothing looking like it's going to hold us up. However... the track record isn't encouraging. How nice it would be to have keys, and start moving stuff, and when we got to pay rent next week to also turn in our notice. "Take that Pam ! We hate you !" We don't like our landlady. So think positive thoughts. House. House. House. House.

Aleshia, Hilary and I went to Indianapolis this past weekend for Time Out for Women [http://www.tofw.com check it out, yo]. I love them. They're just little conference weekends with speakers and music people from our church and its so uplifting and rejuvenating. I love them. This past weekend makes 4 that I've been to ever. Hopefully it's not the last. I think they said they'll be in Cincinnati next year! The hardest thing this weekend was the 5hr drive. I'm not good at driving for long anymore [thanks Chris] and then sitting that long isn't good for my pregnant body. And sitting in the conference. To drive home, sitting, for lots more hours. And I was exhausted because the hotel bed wasn't comfy at all. I thought it was just me, except Aleshia slept horribly too. And we had to get up super early, to check out and get back to the convention center cause there were 2000 women there and I don't want to sit in the back of 2000 people. There were so many cute babies. Adorable. Lots of amazing lessons and insights and speakers. I was so good and only spent $15 at the store. Go me. Usually its like $115... Met John Bytheway again. He didn't remember me from Cincinnati in 2005. Lame. All in all. Good weekend.

It really is incredible to be in a good place, whether it's Church, the Temple or even conferences like Time Out. Anywhere the Spirit can be to prompt you, testify to you or be present. I love feeling that presence. I have had so many moments the past few weeks where I just feel so blessed, truly and utterly happy. To have that peace and comfort from the Spirit and recognize the blessings I have that are all around me. I honestly at this moment wouldn't change anything in my life. Obviously dumb things, like more money, bigger house, silly things. But overall, I love where I am in all aspects. And it moves me to tears. And it was another thing I recognized this weekend, listening to all these speakers talk about these horrible trials they've overcome and how blessed they are and it made me stop and think, I really have nothing to complain about. I love my life. I wouldn't change a thing. And I circle all this back on the Gospel. I am the way I am because of the Gospel in my life, the knowledge I have from my testimony that I have sought and gained through study, prayer, experiences. I'm not saying I haven't had hard experiences, or there aren't hard things in my life, but because of what I know it makes it so much easier to be genuinely happy. I have so much to be thankful for and honestly feel guilty for not recognizing and thanking my Heavenly Father more.

The Gospel is happiness. There's a reason it's call the Plan of Happiness [more info here: http://mormon.org/plan-of-happiness].

"Men [and women] are that they might have joy." 2 Nephi 2:27

Baby! :


How far along? 34 weeks. 
Total weight gain: 17lbs. Wooo 
Maternity clothes? I have so pants where the "half panel" isn't long enough and it bugs me. Lame.
Stretch marks? All over my boobs [tmi. deal with it] but Chris helped me search and none so far on the belly ! 
Sleep: is getting better since I'm finally getting healthy. Even though I slept like crap last night     
Best moment this week: Getting to talk to all these mormon ladies about my pregnancy. It's fun. 
Miss Anything? Being able to eat more than the size of my fist without any adverse side effects
Movement: Constantly. Especially under my right rib. He's favorite little foot spot.
Food cravings: Fruit. Fruit and more FRUIT ! 
Anything making you queasy or sick: No, except I threw up on Friday. Yay ! 
Labor Signs: Definitely not sharing this one cause it IS tmi. Let's just go with yes. And some minor cramp contraction things.
Symptoms: Still heartburn. All the time. 
Belly Button in or out? In. It's just shrinking. It won't ever be an outie. LAME.
Wedding rings on or off? Off. Especially driving. But I try to grab at least one to wear. 
Happy or Moody most of the time: Extremely happy. But I definitely have my random fits. 
Looking forward to: Hopefully getting some keys in my hand to a new house !

Oh here, have some pictures :]

Time Out for Women theme: Higher.
"For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways
higher than your ways..." 
Isaiah 55:9



Hey look. I know that guy [it's John, by the way...tehe]


The consequences of sitting and driving all weekend. 
Elephantitis. Gross..? Sorry. Welcome to pregnancy!


And 34 weeks ! "Small belly" whatever ! Do you see that thing!

1 comment:

  1. I find it so funny how you want your belly button to stick out, i'm praying mine stays in and if it starts sticking out i'm going to tape a quarter over it so it won't come out. lol
    You are getting so close that's exciting. I am getting SO nervous and anxious. I'm really excited but also just terrified not of the delivery but having him here and now being responsible for this little baby. I don't want to freak you out i'm just letting off my only little worries.

    ReplyDelete

09 10