Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Thank you google !

My life is sad and I googled what can I do in 15 minutes. It had a bunch of pages with a bunch of suggestions. But I liked the one that said Blog. So here I am !

Can't say much has happened. I feel like I totally failed as an awesome wife on Chris' bday. He did wear his Disney shirt I got him, that was fashionably wrapped in the Disney bag I left the store with. I wanted to get him a collared Marshall shirt, but they have this new kelly green and some of them looked horrible. So I ruined that surprise and just asked him which one, and we went and got one later. Went to dinner at Outback. Yum. Love me some bloomin' onion ! I had prime rib, eh, he had the NY strip. Whats new ! I had the people sing to him. Fun fun. Found out right after we sat down that I forgot about feeding the missionaries. Oops ! I meant to drop of pizzas before we went to dinner. I felt horrible. Talk about awkward when we ran into them at Wal-Mart right after dinner. Sorry guys ! He said he has fun. I still think I fail. Goal: Next year will be epic !

So we're trying to figure out this whole future-moving-job-school thing. I keep going back and forth. I don't know if I'm serious about moving or if I just get excited about the idea of it. I seriously get happier after I look at apts and schools and everything. But then I stop and wonder, would I really want to go? Hm... I don't know. I think we'll go visit. School is the biggest concern. And money. But I have to find a not taboo way to ask how much money I'll be making. Arg, political correctness ! AND Chris won't help me make this decision. Whatever happened to "family counsel" ?? I don't want to make this alone. It's not just my life. I'll get him to help !

I have my first RS meeting tonight. I was reading over the handbook after I got mine Sunday, and I'm like goooodness ! Talk about pressure. All the goals they say for RS and being able to go above and beyond sets a really high bar, at least to me. Since I'm so little and feel so inexperienced. I was reading something last night though that perked me up in this regard. I knew this before, but now its got a new meaning. So Pres Monson, called to be Bishop at 22 (?) Apostle at 36... Stake Presidency and Mission Pres in between. And here I am getting down about being the 2nd Counselor in RS. I'm sure he had feelings of inadequecy, I can totally see why. I'd die if that happened to me [too bad I'm a chick and it won't !] But it gave me a little perspective. Everyone writes about his preparation to spend his whole life serving, even starting at such a young age. But the Lord was right there. So... why am I any different? No, I'm not in a higher calling, like Bishop, or Apostle, but each calling is important for its own purposes. So I need to stop being fearful and be faithful ! Well that got me excited to get to work ! And it all starts with this meeting. Woo ! I also made a funny little not I like, but next to the motto in the handbook "Charity Never Faileth" I wrote in big letters [to my self] Prove it ! I need to be so charitable everyone can see that it won't fail. I need to serve and love and serve some more.

I'm excited. For life, for hopefully coming to a decision. We shall see.

2 comments:

  1. I am not sure if you want people making comments, but I wanted to tell you... don't be so hard on yourself. I am sure that Chris was grateful for what he got and not what he didn't get. Everyone forgets sometimes to feed the missionaries. Heavens I have even done that. Your a great wife and will make a great mother as well. I know that Heavenly Father is blessing you in ways you don't even know yet. With this RS calling.. don't sweat it. Do the best you can the way you know how, don't worry about what others can or can't do. You are there to learn and help others and first of all help and grow yourself. Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd love comments. Comment away ! Thanks for your words. I loving having people in the Gospel that I might not know at all and still be able to communicate completely with because we share the same beliefs and the same values. It's very reassuring and I appreciate the things you say.

    ReplyDelete

09 10