Saturday, February 2, 2013

Geography lesson

Checking my blog stats is totally helping me relearn countries. I'm like what the heck is that country? google help ! Ooooohhh, there it is. I remember learning that sometime in HS. So hello to anyone who randomly stumbles across my blog :] I find joy in seeing the foreign places listed. It's incredible how small the world has become over the last few decades, and I'm young and can't even truly take it all in. Nevertheless, I still recognize it. What can I say, I'm wise beyond my years. 

Speaking of wise. I got this quote in my inbox today and it really is the whole reason this update is even happening even though I'm behind on my normal weekly update. But it's a quote for this past LDS General Conference from Quentin L Cook. Enjoy: 


"Parents must have the courage to say no, 
defend truth, 
and bear powerful testimony. 
Your children need to know that you have faith in the Savior, 
love your Heavenly Father, 
and sustain the leaders of the Church. 
Spiritual maturity must flourish in our homes."

It's from his talk "Can Ye Feel So Now?" I highly recommend it like I do most of the conference talks. But I thought it was a nice little nugget of love to remind me what part of my responsibility as a future parent is. I think a majority of the issues with kids today (and even some young adults) stem from the shirking of responsibility of their parents. Be courageous, say no. You're not their friend. They have plenty of friends. They need parents. And in a world that is only getting more confused and more lost day by day, what's right and what's wrong, we need to defend the truth we know and have, and bear not just a testimony but a powerful testimony. 

This quote gives me a simple self check. Am I [going to be] courageous? Am I defending truth? Am I bearing powerful testimony? Do I have faith in the Savior, love my Heavenly Father, and sustain the leaders? (Which I could go on and on about how we should sustain them but so much more than raising our right arm at conference) 

Ok rant over. I thought it was pretty   (fill in the blank cause I can't think of the work)  . Intense? Poignant? Profound? Wise? I don't know. Pregnancy brain :] Love it!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10