Friday, October 26, 2012

Happy Friday

Nothing really new. There never is though, is there? Just bored (and that's not new!) so I thought I'd update a little update. You know, for all my avid readers in Russia, China, Germany.. where else? I love it. Even if they are just googling stuff and accidentally wind up on my page without even looking. Makes me happy when I get to see my stats.

Made it thru week 2 at the new job. Still love it. Still kinda slow. We had contamination today. Sad. Bye bye yucky cells. That's pretty much been the highlight of the week. The main girl I work with kind has a crazy spazzy side. Not fun to see. It's a little unreasonable. But whatever. As long as she never yells at me that way, we'll be good ! I think I'm figuring out that everyone is leaving. Katie (who's been here for 5 years) is getting married in June and her fiancee lives in Indiana. Probably won't keep doing the whole long distance thing once they're married. So she'll be gone. Brent (the other "full time" kinda guy) is trying to get into med school. So he'll leave asap. And then there's me. The new kid. Who's going to be gone for two months from May-July. Uh... anyone else see a problem if people are jumping ship? Is this lab going to be run by undergrads ! Ah ! Oh goodness. I won't worry about it because... I can't do anything about it. Definitely not coming to work earlier than I have to from maternity leave. I don't even want to work so.. yeah. Just my fun puzzle piecing I did today of everyone's plans. Joy :]

I still haven't told my co-workers I'm having a baby. I kind of think my boss Piyali would have told Katie since they're bffs, but... she's never said anything. And I almost said something at lunch today (we went out to lunch today! as a group, together!) but it just seems weird to tell people. So I'm thinking when I say I have a dr's appt next week, and come back the next day with pictures of a baby (<3) maybe they'll get it. That's more fun. Less than a week til I get to see my beautiful little Peaches !

And I stole this from Sammys blog post for today. I used to kill my notes feed on myspace with these things. The longer the better. This one's pretty short. But it was fun to read hers so maybe mine will be too ! (Who am I kidding.. fun? psh!)

A. Age: 26. yuck.
B. Bed size: Queen :]
C. Chore that you hate: Right now, dishes. With a firey passion.
D. Dogs: our cute little princess Daisy
E. Essential start to your day: No alarm. Or pepsi.
F. Favorite color: Orange
G. Game: Hold to the Rod. Or my new fave, Dicecapades. 
H. Height: 5’3'' ish
I. Ideal Day: Sleeping in, spending time with Chris, maybe a little travel, shopping, food. 
J. Job title: Research Technician
K. Kids: 1ish sorta. She'll be here May. Or he...
L. Lives: WVa
M. Movie: Hm.. favorite ever! That's rough. Right now... Just Go With It or What to Expect 
N. Nicknames: n/a One day I'll have one. Like Mert.
O. Overnight hospital stays: Don't think so... I will in May !
P. Pet peeves: Attitudes, excuses, empty toilet paper rolls and people repeating "good morning" to a crowd when the response "wasn't good enough."Get over yourself.
Q. Quote from a movie:  “In vain have I struggled. It will not do. My feelings will not be repressed. You must allow me to tell you how ardently I admire and love you." Good old Mr Darcy <3
R. Right or left handed: Righty
S. Siblings: Two younger bros
U. University: No more school for me ! Workin' at Marshall tho...
V. Vegetable you hate: Um... ocra. Blah
W. What makes you run late: Oversleeping. All. The .Time.
X. X-Rays you’ve had: Just on my teeth. 
Y. Yummy food that you make: All my food is yummy. 
Z. Zoo animal: Hippos !

Yay me. And wasting time. I had a rough time picking a movie quote. That killed. I kept going to books. I'm a geek !

No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10